I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Friday, 29 June 2007

Marriage Certificate

Here is a copy of the marriage certificate of Elizabeth Forster and William Routledge Goodfellow. My thanks to June for sending us this. (Click to enlarge.)

6 comments:

Steven Harding said...

Rosemary -

I stumbled on your blog yesterday and I'm hooked. I'm descended from William Routledge Goodfellow and Elizabeth Forster. Their daughter Margaret Ann is my great-grandmother.

I was born and brought up in Cumbria and all my family are still there, very close to Bewcastle. I'd love to share more information with you.

I particularly love the photos - I've seen one or two of them before but others are new to me and they're wonderful.

Rosemary said...

Steven:

I am beside myself!! Then you are related to the Harper Hill folks. Your great-grandmother was my grandmother's "Auntie Maggie of Harper Hill". That must mean that you and I are the same generation. (And aging fast!) Betty and Andrew Kyle of Harper Hill, as we knew them, were my Grandma's cousins, and they visited us in Southampton when I was a little girl. They did not have children, so you are descended from one of their siblings. And I know I missed some. My Auntie Joan told me of as many as she remembered. Did you note the recipe page with the toddies of Betty Kyle? June, Auntie Kitty's grandaughter, just emailed me the marriage certificate last week. I'll email her right away and tell her to look at your comment. My email is rosemarydale3@msn.com.

Rosemary said...

I have another blog: http://puddingtocome.blogspot.com/.There you will see a post about a major life change I am in the midst of. I have been in the US since 1973. Married and divorced twice here. Living in Albuquerque, New Mexico since 1983. I am preparing to move back to England in a very sudden but "feels really good plan". Believe me, I will be heading over the "Military Road" to Bewcastle.

Nic said...

Ah, the power of the internet. Very exciting.

Steven Harding said...

Rosemary - did you get my email?

Rosemary said...

Steven: Sorry I haven't responded. So much going on. I did get your email. And very much appreciate it. Unfortunately, haven't been able to open the file. Ended up downloading somme program which was meant to help me open it, and it didn't. So am requesting refund. I thought if I can't open it, we can figure out another way for me to see it when I get over there. Very tantaliizing.